|“||You can only know the true face of a man when he hits rock bottom… Whether he's the son of a tiger or rabbit.||”|
Park Mubong (박무봉, Park Mubong; "Mubong Park") is a member of the National Assembly of Korea, a member of The Six and the organizer of the G.O.H Tournament. He changed his name to Park Mujin (박무진, Park Mujin; "Mujin Park") 17 years before the story begins.
17 years after RagnarÖk, thanks to massive propaganda on his part, he ascends to become the World's President. He also rises to become the special human cultural asset, a position reserved for the strongest among The Six, although he has gotten weaker and is no longer included among them. Due to his actions he serves as the main antagonist of the final arc in the story.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Plot
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Weapons
- 7 Image Gallery
- 8 Notes & Trivia
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Mubong is a tall (187cm), slim man, with an average build. He is almost always seen dressed in a black suit and dress pants, with an orange Hawaiian dress-shirt that has flower patterns on it. A look which is often associated with gangsters in Korea. He wears a zen-beaded necklace with a cross hanging at the center.
He has sharp, black eyes, with narrow eye-bags underneath. On his forehead is an X-shaped scar, given to him by Jin Taejin. His hair is often seen as clean cut and slicked back, but his hair forms two little horns at the top of his head. He uses hair gel to try and flatten them, but they always pop up right after (a running gag throughout the series). A cross is imprinted on his palm(s), which seems to be the source of his Charyeok.
Seventeen years after the events of RagnarÖk, Mubong's hair has grown out drastically with white patches on the sides. His face has become more rugged with a light stubble around his chin and jaw and the semblance of a large scar on the right side of his face. Mubong now has a metal prosthetic right arm after losing it in his final fight with Jin Taejin.
After his fight with Kim Dusik, Mubong's hair turned stark grey as he decided to return to his previous hairstyle and clothing, and turned white after merge with Tathagata as the Supreme God Maitreya. His left eye has turned red with a golden pupil just like Dan Mori.
Mubong at first appears to be an ambitious and malicious person, where he seems he'll do anything to achieve his goals. It is first noted when he destroyed an entire island where one of the senators were having their vacation at when they rejected his proposition. Another example is when Han Daewi wanted to make a deal with him about healing his sick friend, but Mubong states that he has to simply win the Tournament. He also comes off as being aloof and uncaring, especially when people he knew were killed, yet was still quick to move on. However it is shown he cares about others, albeit subtly, usually through a solemn expression or other actions. He has helped the protagonists in a multitude of ways as well, such as giving information to Daewi about Charyeok, and removing their accusations during the post-tournament arc with all his money. If anything, he tries not to let his emotions get the best of him. At most, his alignment is morally ambiguous, where he won't hesitate to use force or make sacrifices if necessary to reach his goals or stop his enemies. It is mentioned by Judge Q that he cannot figure out what he is thinking.
He can come off as being egotistical and conceited, as shown when he wanted Giju to "bow" to him because he was older, or when he told Judge Q to "Kneel before me..." when Q demanded answers about Announcer T's family. He is shown to not take kindly to disrespect, especially when it comes to his real name. He can seem to overlook it when close people tease him, however. Otherwise, he can be quite patient, willing to be humiliated and disliked by the public, but still remain a level head.
He has a soft spot towards honest people, first noted where he couldn't bring himself to harm Jin Mori after he honestly answered his questions without hesitation. He had shown interest in Han Daewi and Mori, calling them baby tigers (a metaphor often used in Korea to describe powerful spirits), but had a more personal interest with Daewi, specifically when he was fighting against Mori as he was finally willing to tell the truth about his friend. He may like honesty due to the fact he is also rather blunt, preferring for people to get to the point and not beat around the bush.
Mubong can sometimes be seen to act cowardly (at least as a joke) where he used Moon Giju as a "friend shield" against Jin Taejin's kick. He seems to also be somewhat pessimistic, where he texted Judge P to "save [him]" during Jegal Taek's violent winning spree in the tournament.
He seems to show a rivalry towards Jin Taejin, most likely due to the fight they had years ago and the scar that Taejin gave him. His tone towards him comes off as malicious and cunning, but he has also shown respect to him such as when he spoke about Jin Mori's past. He also seems to have a rivalry with Sang Mandeok as well, with the latter more willing to show off his abilities to him.
After ascending into the world, president Mubong became far more cruel and cowardly; fully willing to sacrifice the lives of non-power borrowers to further his own goals. His hatred and fear of the gods also have increased to the point that he was fully willing to kill anyone who displayed traits similar to Jin Mori. However, he was revealed that this is really to make sure that if another Ragnorok happens, humanity will be ready to fully combat the gods. To this end, he is willing to sacrifice himself and others to make sure the continued survival of Generation X by proactively sealing the Supreme God Tathagata.
As he fought Mandeok Sang, he started to have flashbacks of his past, showing why he hated the Gods so much. After he killed his old friend, the journalist came via video projector and he showed Mubong photos and videos of the world hating him and destroying his monuments. He commented with great amusement on the ironic downfall of Park and his allies, which led Mujin having a breakdown. The last straw was when he saw P dying and discovering the apparently horrid state of his baby. He chose to revive Tathagata within him to 'reboot' humanity.
Not much is known about Mubong, other than he is a rich, influential Korean representative and a member of The Six. It has been mentioned repeatedly that he was strong enough to join The Six at the age of 18. He has been considered a prodigy, noted by Jin Taejin, and was also called "tiger cub" (In Korea, calling someone a tiger cub means they are a formidable person) by Jeon Jaesan. Jaesan had also mentioned that Jin Mori wasn't as strong as Mubong at his age (although this is now seemingly refuted due to current events regarding Mori).
At some point in his youth 'the best shaman in Korea' told him that he would become a king who will revolutionize the world.
When Park Mubong was 18, he fought alongside the rest of The Six against Jin Taejin, he was severely beaten and received the permanent X-shaped scar on his forehead. 2 weeks later, Park Mubong had his first meeting with Sang Mandeok, who greeted him in his wheelchair due to suffering from Lou Gehrig's Disease. Mandeok stated his admiration for Mubong, who replied that he was an 18 year old combat genius.
He also seems to be close to a woman with a cross, Sang Mansuk, as her death implied to be caused by Beelzebub, fueled his hatred against the gods of the Heavenly Realm. Until this day he still uses this cross.
Mubong seems to have a deep history with Mandeok. They 'kindly' greeted one another and brought up statements in the past tense, mentioning little tidbits of each other's history and skills, implicating that they had some connection before. An example of this is where Mandeok stated "Do you still think you're unrivalled?". Mandeok also grabbed Mubong's necklace, asking "You still have this?". They had a sillier argument regarding their name change, blaming each other for copying.
Round with God
As Mubong was preparing the G.O.H. tournament, he got a from local business man he made a deal to make the tournament become a reality, however the business man think his ideal is insane and cancelled the idea. Mubong got angry and used his charyeok to crush the island the business man was at. Judge P then came to Mubong side and told him that the project is going to be starting today and Mubong told her to hurry since they are running out of time. Later, Mubong broke into the pentagon and met up with the president of the United States. Mubong told the president that he has urgent news and he told him that he is the member of the national assembly of the republic of Korea. He then tells him that the atomic bomb has lost its value.
The rest of the Judges has sent their invitations. A scene is shown where Judge R personally reports to Mubong about the finished invitations. Before he leaves, Mubong asks if his arm was broken, in which R hesitantly replies with a yes. With a sudden interest with this contestant, R leaves.
As the tournament starts, Moon Giju takes notice of Jin Mori's abilities. He reports to Mubong about it, stating it was Renewal Taekwondo. They reminisce about their fight 17 years ago with the rest of The Six against Jin Taejin - the living master of Re-Taekwondo - and remembering how badly they had lost to him. They soon bring Mori to interrogate him about his connection to Jin Taejin and where he lives, which Mori happily answers to. (TBC)
Later Mubong decided that Mori could return to the tournament if he could defeat Judge Q. When it was time for the match to begin, Mubong found Mori to be missing and went to find him, but then he found out the gate to Na Bongchim was open. He then realized that Mori had set Bongchim free. Bongchim then explains to Mubong that Mori ate the Sage Pill and both of them end up having a match.
Mubong and Bongchim end up casting afterimage of each other during the fight and surprised each other how one improve and remain the same. When their fight was over, they headed to the area to save Mori, since he was supposed to be dying from the Sage Pill effect, but somehow was able to get up again. Bongchim and Mubong end up talking about the upcoming threat and that they try to get The Six together again but couldn't.
He is a member of The Six and is very skilled in combat, both as martial artist and a charyeok user. He easily stopped the battle between Judge Q and Judge R. He later on fought with Na Bong Chim to a stalemate.
Mubong demonstrated his full power by killing the Master of the First Heavenly Realm, Beelzebub, although Beelzebub was weakened by his fight beforehand. It is also hinted that the cross he wore limits how much charyeok he can exert.
Due to the strain from increasing his power using The Cross, using his own lifeforce to amplify it even further, and Jin Taejin's counter, Park Mubong has gotten weaker, which he confirmed after seeing Kim Dusik losing his The Six status to Judge Q.
Superhuman Endurance: He has shown remarkable endurance and stamina. Several times he has received massive injuries from opponents only to continue fighting despite pain and fatigue. Such injuries include being pierced by giant spires on his back. He was able to be up and walking a few moments later. In combat with Sang Mandeok he was stabbed in the back several times by the latter's Charyeok but he did not flinch (although he mainly did this to appear tougher to Mandeok). He was also able to keep functioning after sustaining numerous wounds from Dan Mori, which including losing a leg, arm and one of his eyes.
Superhuman Agility: Due to the natural strengthening of his body from training he received from his master Na Bongchim, he has superhuman agility.
Superhuman Speed: He has shown to have incredible speed. When he broke someone's arm in a quick flash, Kim Dusik stated that he was too fast for it to be caught on CCTV cameras. He fought with Bishops and was able to react to their attacks. The last time he fought Na Bongchim he was able to create an afterimage from his speed alone.
Superhuman Strength: In general, he is capable of fighting against and knocking out a large number of regular humans with ease. He was able to brush away punches from normal humans, without flinching. He was also able to easily break a thug's arm with a quick flick of his hand. Also shown when he took on a wave of swords sent after him by Mandeok.
High Intelligence: He has shown to have accurate deductive abilities, as he was able to figure out that Judge R had his arm broken after fighting with Mori, and even deduced where someone was hit and how fatal the attack was by simply looking at a drop of blood. He is also shown to be a quick thinker, for when his plans do not go well, he is capable of improvising and figuring out alternate solutions to problems.
Master Combatant: As a member of The Six he is a master of his own fighting style, whether this includes a physical fighting style or not is not yet known. As he himself stated, he is not only a powerful Charyeok user but also an expert combatant, which he promptly demonstrated by deflecting the majority of Man-Duk's dagger barrage by physical combat only.
His charyeok works through his right hand which has the shape of a cross imprinted on his palm(s). His abilities are also often in the shape of a cross. He usually uses it in form of gravity-related abilities offensively and a barrier-like ability defensively. He can also summon Longinus' avatar to attack his enemies.
- Gravity Manipulation:He can crush things by applying increed gravity ranng from changing trajectory of blades, "squeezing" people, crushing the ground to create holes, and crushing an entire island. This gravity manipulation also work in far distance. He can also squeeze people in the air until they implode. As gravity is one of the "four powers of the nature" that the King effortlessly use, Mubong is shown to be able to counter the King via his reverse gravity whenever the latter attempts to utilize gravity manipulation.
- Reverse Gravity: He can change the topography of an area with gravity for both attack and defense. He can also levitate objects by reversing gravity around the area, and then thrusting them toward the target by increasing gravity over those objects.
- Crucifixion: He can ensure his attacks never miss by using this ability. "Crucifixion" charges up slowly, but as soon as it is complete any attack he makes, regardless of the angle he makes it from, will change direction to hit a target.
- Energy Manipulation: He can create cross-shaped energies to blast enemies.
- Barrier: Defensively, he can create barriers strong enough to hold back Sang Man-Duk's sky sword attack, which was larger than a multistory building or stop a cave from collapsing on him.
- Sacrificium: Offensively he is capable of bringing down a cross-shaped energy blast from the sky that creates a crater deep enough to contain Jin Mori during his battle with Dean Ockham. Mubong has referred to this ability as the Power of Absolute Destruction in a battle with Mori.
Spear Creation: He can conjure spears out of thin air to strike his enemies.
- Legion Spears: Mubong can conjure typical legion spears to strike his enemies
- 1200 Legion Spears: Summons 1200 legion spears.
- 2400 Legion Spears: Summons 1400 legion spears.
- The Holy Spear of Longinus: Mujin conjure the Holy Spear of Longinus to strike his enemies.
- 1200 Holy Spears of Longinus: Summons 1200 Holy Spears of Longinus.
The One and Only Holy Spear: It is a technique where Mubong thrust his hand at his enemies with the full force of his borrowed power.
- Supernatural Durability
- Mubong's body is incredibly strong, withstanding numerous impacts from Dan Mori's Yeoui and Satan relatively well, and managing to stay in space without any problem.
- Mubong can disintegrate matter with just a gesture or a thought.
- Awe Inducement
- Just by his presence, Mubong can fill people's hearts with feelings of awe (respect, fear, adoration, dread) and force them to submit to him, although people with strong willpower can resist this.
- Reality Warping
- He can change the world anyway he sees fit, Mubong stated in order for new life to be born it needs to break out of it’s s egg and the universe is the egg having control over his universe by warping it/shattering it.
- Mubong can move objects with his mind, tearing the heads of dozens of soldiers with a simple gesture.
- Instant Regeneration:
- Mubong can regenerate serious injuries such as having his body and clothing regenerated .
- Crimson Wing (Supernatural Speed)
- The crimson wings grants Mubong incredible speed, being fast enough to push Dan Mori from the ground to a meteor in outer space in an instant. His speed is such that he managed to destroy all the gods of the First Heavenly Realm in just one second.
- Enhanced Charyeok
- Combined with his divine power, Mubong's charyeok has been strengthened to a terrifying level where he can, with the pressure of his increased gravity, totally paralyze Dan Mori if he is caught off guard. Furthermore, the attack potency of his charyeok is also now immensely powerful, able to easily kill multiple gods.
- Eight Letters of Tathagata
- The eight divine weapons of Tathagata, each of them possessing a special ability and are Mubong's greatest asset in combat. He uses several of them at the same time, managing to overwhelm Dan Mori and even Satan in combat.
- Mubong can create Tathagata clones that emerge from his enemy's body and explode, dealing heavy damage.
- He can put his enemies under illusions, like when Satan thinks he has cut him to pieces, but in reality he has only cut off his finger.
- Thousand Hands
- As Maitreya, he can generate various ghostly arms that emerge from his back.
- Yin Yang United
- By combining the Yang in one hand and the Yin in the other, Mubong can generate shock waves powerful enough to knock back even the likes of Satan.
- Mt. Oheng
- Mubong spawns five cross-shaped mountains, each made up of one of the five elements (fire, water, wood, earth, and metal) that crush his enemy.
- Using his charyeok, he is pierced by the Longinus spear in his hands and feet, the effect of this technique is unknown.
- Mubong generates long spines that emerge from inside his enemy's body, tearing them apart from the inside.
- Single Ancient Holy Spear
- Mubong pierces through his enemies in the stomach or chest, forming a hole in the shape of a cross. With this technique Mubong eliminated all but one the gods of the First Heavenly Realm.
- Satan's Double Wings
- By devouring Satan's soul , Mubong acquires his red wings, which move like blades with infinite speed and flexibility, capable of slicing Satan's arms to pieces in an instant.
- Cosmic Awareness
- Mubong is capable of sensing any large energy source from any distance. It does not even matter if his target is in another dimensional or outside of space and time all together, as Mubong sensed Mori Dan and Satan in the Divine Realm which is outside the rest of the universe.
It is revealed that the Cross he wears is the precursor of G.O.H. limiters. It allows him to store energy for a one time use power-up. He has been doing it for 17 years just to get his revenge on Jin Taejin.
Project Wi-Fi is Park Mubong's answer to both his diminishing power after RagnarÖk and how to combat the overwhelming power of the Jade Emperor and 666:Satan. Part of it is his prosthetic hand, which can release mobile relay stations. The devices, along with several base stations in the area, can scan for Charyeok in surrounding area. These charyeok are then synced using the NOA computer, Nox technology left behind after RagnarÖk, and the agents. After that, Park Mubong can use the multiple synced charyeok as his own. It seems that the agents helped Park Mubong in controlling the numerous charyeok.
However, it seems that so far Project Wi-Fi can't use the charyeok it manifests properly, as shown by how it failed to bring out the same potential of The Princes of Natak like its original user, Dan Ahan, can. Moreover, it wasn't durable and powerful enough for Park Mubong's liking, as it breaks under Han Daewi's attack and failed to properly damage the "incomplete" Jade Emperor. Also, is unclear how much of Han Daewi's power it mirrors, as Han Daewi still can use the Wisdom of the King and equip the Robe of the Sage.
Several commands can be executed in order to create certain effect, such as:
- Long Range Damage Dealing: A command for the long ranged charyeok to create covering fire.
- Support for Buff and Debuff: A command for charyeok with support effects to weaken the enemy and/or empower Park Mubong.
- Named Charyeok Mirroring: A command to control powerful charyeok. It can potentially overload the base stations. In addition, it can even negate and temporary steal the current Jade Emperor's divine power and even using it as a charyeok-like avatar.
- Pass, pierce
Diamond Sutra (Bell of All Evils, Phase 1)
- Go Away, Agonies
Diamond Sutra (Bell of All Evils, Vajra, Phase 2)
- 108 Agonies
- 1,800 Agonies
- Empty Agonies
Notes & Trivia
- Mubong thinks that the name of Project Wi-Fi sucks.